Re: [LUG] Power Surges & Gnucash

akm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm running an IBM NetVista (all in one LCD screen etc) and 2 Linux ser=
vers
(no screens) off this and it gives about 5 mins of backup.

I have a collection of APC UPS' which are generally OK.  The one supplied=
 for
the telephone PABX got moved to the main and secondary servers and seems =
give about an hour!

You do need to plug the network hub into a UPS as well as your workstatio=
and the server, if you don't want things foouled up when the power goes.
--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/

Probably a dumb question (I've never used a UPS before), but how will my boxes know
that the power has gone, and to log off and shut down?

andy