Re: [LUG] Power Surges & Gnucash

tone_pl@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thursday 28 November 2002 11:25 am, andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm using ext2, what does journalling mean, and what's the difference?
(for future reference)

http://www.linux-mag.com/2000-08/journaling_01.html

explains it better than I can.

Tony

Aha...

I think I might be putting a journaling filesystem on my home directory,
the article says you don't need a journalised file system on read only filesystems
(/usr /bin etc.) what about security updates, and installing new software, would I
be better with a journalised file system everywhere, and would I notice a difference
in performance against ext2fs (got an 850Hz Athalon, and fast ide hard drive).

andy