Re: [LUG] Book recommendations

Hi
Cant see any problems with this. We have done it lots of times. We have always loaded windows first then the system will prompt you as you load Linux for boot options.
What out and read carefully the Microsoft licence agreement for XP particularly SP1 which I am told virtually gives Microsoft access to your data to do with as they wish. I havent read it myself but if it is true I| cannot see how any company could use XP SP1.
Happy bedtime reading

Bill

Peter Walker wrote:

Can anyone recommend a book (or any other source of info.) on administering Windows
XP clients
with a Linux server?

I'm fairly comfortable with the Linux side but I've never touched XP.

A bit of background.

The computer centre where I volunteer has just bought a brand new suite of
computers. We have a
nice big server running RedHat 7.3 and will be running a network of 13 PCs, 1 mac
and a wireless
LAN with 5 notebooks off this.
The PCs will be dual-booted XP/Linux and I want to make sure I can configure them OK
on the XP
side. The stuff I am not familiar with  is mainly based around profiles/user
management, locking
down the machines etc. Any recommendations gratefully accepted.

Cheers,

Pete.

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)

***** YLEM DISCLAIMER *****

To obtain a copy of Ylem's email disclaimer ring 01398 323146

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)