Re: [LUG] NHS Webmail: £91M

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 12:30:04AM +0000, Paul Weaver wrote:

I'm up for the "you are taking the piss" kind of counter proposal.

At that sort of money you could pay everyone on the DCLug mailing list 50k
each a year to "support", and still come under the 90 million.

The unfortunate thing about my flippant statement is that without
funding, it would be impossible to do it. There is no was we could
afford the kit to test it on.

Chances are, noone can afford the time to do it fulltime for free
anyway. That is, until it got paid, which would be around 9 months
after completion, which would be over a year.

Not saying that I wouldn't like to do it, but I'm just not sure it's
possible without outside help.

Steve