[LUG] printing query

Ever since I have installed Linux I have been unable to print anything on my
printer I have installed...It`s beginning to drive me mad....

I have redhat 8.0 installed and use KDE 3 now. I have checked
linuxprinting.org and my printer should work. I have a Lexmark 1000 jet
printer.

I have installed the printer using the wizard within KDE print and everything
seems to install fine, but when I try to print a test page, nothing is
printed and it says the test page was sent successfully. I have tried to use
lp/cups but i get the same problem.

The printer works fine under windows....

Can anybody suggest where to look for problems?...error logs etc

Mike