Re: [LUG] the Annotation Engine and other third voices

Adrian Midgley wrote:

On Monday 14 October 2002 14:02, you wrote:

Looks promising, but to do this in a general way is pretty tough
I suspect. This one is probably okay for collecting a series of
comments from people you "trust" on a document.

Yes.  I'm looking at a way for certain authorities to comment robustly on
some alleged health websites, to protect consumers.

Ah ha - I assumed it was more a specific document review system
you were looking for.

What is this 'ere Allegra (everything and it's dog (at least
those that can speak latin) is called Allegra)?

The topic as ahndled by Jakob Nielsen is "Reputation Management"

Allegra provided a set of traffic lights for your browser, and a set of
voting buttons to match.

Hmm, I'm not sure how sound voting is for scientific style
information.

Gofman's comments on say Holm's 1980 paper on the safety of
radioactive Iodine uptake scans is far more informative than the
consensus report produced by the ICRP which largely accepted the
paper without comment.

I guess that is one vote for commentary over democracy ;-) Just
occaisonally the heretics are right!

Not sure if that carries over into health care advice.

Simon, off to download Amaya and try Annotea. Snufkin - strange
name.