Re: [LUG] the Annotation Engine and other third voices

Adrian Midgley wrote:

If anyone feels bored, take a peep at
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/projects/annotate.html

It is Perl...

I felt bored, one of my notes has a "button" in it, so maybe
they need to check the notes more carefully before accepting
them, I'm sure the PERL mongers can supply a standard module for
doing this from somewhere (although I didn't persuade it to run
any Javascript that is probably my Javascripting ineptitude
rather than the Perl, with apologies to Wendy if I missed some
security feature).

Looks promising, but to do this in a general way is pretty tough
I suspect. This one is probably okay for collecting a series of
comments from people you "trust" on a document.

I beleive that and Third VOice, and the original aim of Allegra to be useful
applications, which are now coming into their own, and I'd like there to be a
few people were to hand who had an idea of how to run them.

The Third Voice is referred to as "defunct", and the web site
has gone....

What is this 'ere Allegra (everything and it's dog (at least
those that can speak latin) is called Allegra)?