Re: [LUG] Datacentres

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 10:56:06PM +0100, Jon Still wrote:
I discovered today how much I hate working in datacentres.

Quite apart from having a rack door break loose from it's hinges (but
it was a Sun rack none the less!) and smack me on the head earlier this
week, I wasn't in a good mood to return to the datacentre (a suite at a
Level3 facility in London).  After a few hours there setting up
hardware crypto modules (which you can't do remotely), it was good to
get out of the noise of aircon and system fans...

Also, why is it that getting passes for access to datacentres is SUCH a
convoluted business?  I've still not got my permanent pass sorted out!

Anyone else got the datacentre blues?

Cable and Wireless Swindon is pretty much what everyone else is describing
with loads of forms and procedures and horrible aircon but some how lots of
cockups too.

Anyone use Star Internet in Gloucester?  They are pretty near to the South
West