[LUG] Datacentres

I discovered today how much I hate working in datacentres.

Quite apart from having a rack door break loose from it's hinges (but it was a Sun rack none the less!) and smack me on the head earlier this week, I wasn't in a good mood to return to the datacentre (a suite at a Level3 facility in London). After a few hours there setting up hardware crypto modules (which you can't do remotely), it was good to get out of the noise of aircon and system fans...

Also, why is it that getting passes for access to datacentres is SUCH a convoluted business? I've still not got my permanent pass sorted out!

Anyone else got the datacentre blues?

Jon.

--
Jon Still                               E-mail: jon@xxxxxxxxxxx