Re: [LUG] virus marketing, tell everyone you know it doesn't work

On ma, loka?? 07, 2002 at 05:00:09 +0100, Matt Lee wrote:
Buy a proper modem.
So that's the solution is it? If something doesn't work, just buy a new one?
That's a crap way of dealing with it in my opinion...

HCF is a soft modem, driven often by proprietary software drivers. It is
cheap and nasty. It is not a proper modem.

time, other family members and cost... but then you'd say 'buy a proper
family' I suppose, eh?

Install Cygwin?
Install Mozilla?

Or tell them to get their own machine, and let them choose what they
want. :)

I can't believe all this started up because of some text someone had in
their email signature... if you don't like something, you don't have to read
it, but I don't think you have the right to tell people what they should and
shouldn't have in their email signature...

Oh please, that is a terrible argument. I will attach some of favorite
porno pics next post shall I? And hope people no one will get offended
as if they will be, they will choose not to see it. Hah.

lot of things, but if they can have their Windows problems sorted out, by
Linux users, in a friendly manner, then they're more likely, in my opinion,
to want to become part of the Linux community.

Oh, right. So you want Linux gurus to sort out all your Windows
problems, and then you may join us. Oh thanks.

Why not start your own community? "Windows user group" You may attract
more Windows users. Solve your problems quicker. Bother Linux fanatics
like me less. Logical isn't it?

I think we do concentrate on Linux, but I don't think anyone should be made
to feel unwelcome just because they don't use Linux exclusively - after all,
it's about choice, right?

And Windows isn't choice, don't forget that.