Re: [LUG] P133 processor upgrade

Suddenly remembered I have an old repair manual.
It lists many of the S-Specs for early Pentiums.

My P75 chip has S-Spec SX969 and the "new" P133
has S-Spec SY022. As far as I can gather they are
both compatible. ie single voltage, normal timing, 3.135-
3.6v chips. So it's clear to me that it's a jumper or
cache problem.

Reading through the S-Specs was an eyeopener.
What a minefield for a repair man those old Pentiums were!!
Some of the early P54 (<100MHz) even had 5v versions
whereas P54c (=>100MHz) had both dual and single
voltage versions. Getting the correct S=Spec chip
was a neccessity.

As I understand it there wasn't any particular date when
an overall change to split voltage chips took place. Intel
seems to have swung between both single and dual
versions during the P54c series.