Re: [LUG] Linux Desktop on my Mac or PC

On It's Saturday 05 October 2002 you dork 04:45, you wrote:
I use VNC to access my Linux boxes from my Windows PC, works great. Just
noticed another program called TightVNC which seems to have split off the
original project. Has anyone tried this? Opinions?

Yup, I think it uses JPEG compression, which can be a bit lossy (although you
can adjust the level of compression).  It came bundled with Mandrake, so it
really was just a case of firing it up and using it!

You should be able to set the Sun boxes up with no trouble if you plug a
terminal (emulator?) into the serial port.

Yeah, and obviously you can then set up SSH or even an X server for more
convenient network-based access.

Jon