Re: [LUG] Perl @INC configuration

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 03:02:48PM +0100, jody salt wrote:

Zourzouvillys wrote:

Don't be tempted to manipulate @INC itself.

No he didn't, I did!

I have too!

Bad Jody! Bad!

I have just installed various programs on a server
that require the DBI DBD::mysql modules, I have
installed them using CPAN, unfortunatly CPAN put them
in a directory that is not on the @INC list (I assume
thats how perl finds its modules).

Indeed, print it to see what's in it.

My programs work fine on my local machine, but not so
on the server!! -- because of the incorrect
installation.

What are the platforms (including distros), perl versions and paths
involved?

Run (on both boxes):

uname -a
cat /etc/issue       # the only way I know to unreliably get the distro
perl -V
locate mysql.pm

the DBD::mysql, DBI has been installed in
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux

(on which box?)

I don't need to use any other modules apart from
DBD::mysql, DBI

Apart from the ones that DBD::mysql needs.

Any help would be mush appreciated

Why should CPAN do a silly thing like that?

Cos it was not configured properly when it was installed. Was it
installed on or copied on?

I suggest installing/configuring CPAN properly.

Steve