Re: [LUG] Perl @INC configuration

Zourzouvillys wrote:

Don't be tempted to manipulate @INC itself.

I have too!
I have just installed various programs on a server
that require the DBI DBD::mysql modules, I have
installed them using CPAN, unfortunatly CPAN put them
in a directory that is not on the @INC list (I assume
thats how perl finds its modules).
My programs work fine on my local machine, but not so
on the server!! -- because of the incorrect
installation.

the DBD::mysql, DBI has been installed in
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux

I don't need to use any other modules apart from
DBD::mysql, DBI

Any help would be mush appreciated

Why should CPAN do a silly thing like that?

Regards

Jody Salt