Re: [LUG] Help share the broadband cost, The Linux Way

On ti, syys?? 17, 2002 at 01:15:00 +0100, Bill Noyce wrote:
Sorry that this might seem a bit off topic, but I see Linux as more than
just a coding thing. Linus once said you've got to "DIY", Wireless
networks are about people saying to Telcros, "We don't need you". Well
not for the last mile at least.

Yes, I often there was a better word to describe us DIY geeks. For
example we are not supporting the linux kernel here! We are supporting
GNU/Linux, but that doesn't really slip off the tongue either.

Maybe we'll be heroes in the future? ;)

good luck with the wlan. next? voip mobile phones ! :P

-Kai