Re: [LUG] hacked woes

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 19:09, you wrote:

Is it Outlook that runs macros or is it the word docs
that do it.
(sorry for asking a windows question)

Both.  Plus Excel, Outlook, very possibly PowerPoint and anything else with
VBA or Active X in it.

You have to remove them, and outlook.
And IE.

You need a firewall that gets stroppy about _outgoing_ packets and
applications, try ZoneAlarm.
And put SOPHOS or similar on the machine running Microsoft's reimplementation
of the windowing GUI developed at PARC Xerox.

Is there a decent linux alternative to
Dreamweaver(only real reason why I still use windows).

I rather like Bluefish now, and QuantaPlus looks useful, but I don't actually
much like DreamWeaver, it seems to produce tag soup if anyone modifies what
they are making to adjust its appearance in one browser.

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/