Re: [LUG] DNS again

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Steve Marvell wrote:

So, if I set myself up as a DNS server, presumably, I'm gonna want to
check my cache periodically.

Why?

       Assuming the client is not a big fan of
lots of dialup (presently gets email twice a day and uses internet
about 10 times), is there a way of making my DNS server not cache
anything, so not dialup to check cache?

Erm, pardon?  Why would a DNS server cause dialup, except where it
receives a query it can't resolve?  And such a query presumably means
someone or something is accessing it and will want to be online.

djbdns offers a modular dns system, so you can deploy only the parts
you want.  But the cache is the only component I expect to use
*every* time I set it up.

--
Nick Kew