Re: [LUG] debian install question

On Saturday 17 August 2002 18:46, you wrote:
On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 16:38, Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
On Saturday 17 August 2002 18:25, you wrote:
Alex

Starting to consider fiddling with the mailing list configs.

Is there any option to automagically transform HTML messages into plan
text? That would surely be the best option.

I was just about to install linux on my new box, but unfortunately the
guy who gave me the case and PSU (for free, so I musn't moan, much) left
one of the positive output wires bare (exposed strands, arghh!), which I
only noticed once it had shorted to the case >:'-(

Time to give up and go to bed, I think...

Hmm, perhaps that's an idea if I'm feeling brave.  Time to brush up on
the regexps!

Either that or send back a polite/rude (delete as appropriate) email whenever
somebody posts a HTML message, they'll soon learn!

I'd check what time zone your machine thinks it's in too :)

The time is past, the present is now but the future's only just begun... and
yes, I know my frickin' laptop's clock is hosed!  Did you not read my
response to the last person that brought that up? ('Time warpz')

I used to have a sig script for smart-alecs like you:  "wget -q
http://secure.netacclaim.co.uk/time.php ; cat time.php ; rm time.php", which
fetches the time from my web server, which in turn is synchronised to an
atomic clock by NTP.  But due to the death of the cat, I can no long use it.

Jon