RE: [LUG] UPS again

===== Original Message From Kai Hendry <hendry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> =====
On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 07:00:09PM +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I HATE notebook/laptop computers!!

Poor soul!

Get a second hand IBM Thinkpad. They rule. :)

Indeed, I've had a 380ed since august now, 166mhz, 80mb ram, 3gb, cdrom. Plays
VCD's no problem!

Unfortunatly the battery is dead. Its on my todo list. Also it's a little slow
with things like mozilla and konq 3.x.

However, my team from last years uni project is off to IBM in winchester next
year (4* hotel, food, drinkskies and travel all included for free). Top prize
is a new thinkpad. Heres hoping.

Although friends are raving about Mac OS X powerbooks.

Ahh, if only, if only... They look so swish and I believe have 1394 and even
analog video in/out on some models, complete with macintoshes great vide
editing stuff. A copy of premiere and you're sorted.