Re: [LUG] Englsih Lit (was: big list of cool software?)

jon davey wrote:
Simulations by Jean Baudrillard.

Just flicking through messages...has this thread gone so OT as to be discussing recommended literature?

OK, three life-changing essentials:

1. The Trial by Franz Kafka - Bohemian discussion of the management structure of a British University (I reckon).

2. A la Recherche du Temps Perdu by Marcel Proust - in the French! You will put on weight reading this. Inspired my dog-naming convention.

3. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole - interesting investigation of the genius condition. Quite a good summary of the life of Toole (by me) available here:

http://everything2.org/index.pl?node=John%20Kennedy%20Toole

Now - back on topic (sort of) I notice Slashdot have just got round to putting up a list of mirrors for Perl 5.8...lucky I'm not busy this afternoon ;)

[MB]