Re: [LUG] big list of cool software?

Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

Beowolf - and I failed my English Literature "O" level.

i wonder what score i'd get if i tried ;-)

Well they can only penalise bad spelling so much.

Do you know who Beowolf was? Do you enjoy novels by Thomas
Hardy?

To be honest I have no idea how they mark it, otherwise I'd
probably have passed.

I content myself, that the only person I knew at the time with a
recorded IQ more than three standard deviations above avergage
failed as well, despite getting straight A's in nearly
everything else he took including English language.

Perhaps the examination board had failed to understand the
essential message of the Merchant of Venice.

Simon

PS: I found the episodic nature of Hardy's "Far from the Madding
Crowd" plus the implausible coincidences used to maintain the
story line, showed the essential barrenness of ideas, and the
perils of writing to order. I think they prefer it is you claim
to like this kind of rubbish.

PPS: I don't think you get any brownie points for knowing who
Sopia of Lesbos was.