Re: Distro wars! (and madness) (was Re: [LUG] onsite installations)

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

redhat are aiming for both, and imo, this is a big mistake.  I havn't trusted
redhat in any way on servers at all since all the big 7.0 (or was it 7.1?)
cock ups.

Redhat 7.0 Yes I agree was a bad release.  It's ok once it's patched.  7.1
was very good, and my humble server at home is now running 7.3, with no
major problems.  I help admin a 7.2 box, which also is running very well.

When you install Redhat, you can chose Server or Workstation install.
Just a different set of packages installed, but at the end of the day,
<insert package name> is going to be no different on <insert distro 1
name> and <insert distro2 name> Or whether the same package is run on a
server or workstation - its still the same code at the end of the day.

Pete Hatton
E-mail:  pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Webpage: http://www.monolight.org