Re: [LUG] woody snapshot

steve@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Has anyone had one of these Woody snapshots from linuxemporium?
yes, me

How useful are they on their own? Do you need a potato systsem to
upgrade from?
The copy I got (march I think) came with the installer on disk one,
I think they are a copy of the ISO images in their present state,
(correct me if I am wrong), and the caution on John's site is just to
say that they aren't an official release, so it's not his fault if
they're broken.

My only problem is getting an 'nVidia GeForce II MX' video card to work
(if anyone has an idiot's guide for my card, please give me a shout)

I've only got a dial-up, so I get all my cheep CD's from the
Linux Emporium (they nearly always turn up the day after I order them,
so it is actually quicker to get them through the post than over the
net!!)

cheers

--Andy Weir-------------------------------------------------------------
| Electrical & Electronics Engineer     Work: andy.weir@xxxxxxxxxx     |
| AMIEE  IEE Membership No. 8266908     Play: andy.weir@xxxxxxx        |
| (http://www.iee.org.uk)                                              |
| Linux                                    /      \                    |
| Registered User #272048                   _o_/   \                   |
| (http://counter.li.org)                  /  \    /\                  |
| Say no to software patents!           _____|_\@@                     |
| (http://petition.eurolinux.org)             @@@                      |