Re: [LUG] woody snapshot

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 02:39:02PM +0100, andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
steve@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Has anyone had one of these Woody snapshots from linuxemporium?
yes, me

I know it sounds perverse, but I think it is a better idea to download
the net installer and go from there.

My only problem is getting an 'nVidia GeForce II MX' video card to work
(if anyone has an idiot's guide for my card, please give me a shout)

I have a GF3 and I regret buying it as I did not know that nVidia driver
was proprietary(and it is expensive and it is the noisiest component I
have). It is a BITCH to setup after each kernel upgrade. I generally
leave it with the default SVGA driver. :/

I've only got a dial-up, so I get all my cheep CD's from the
Linux Emporium (they nearly always turn up the day after I order them,
so it is actually quicker to get them through the post than over the
net!!)

I think I could beat the post with my untrusty weathered copper surftime
2hr dropping diald bti connection as present. It would be close if you
wanted to install every package. ;) I got a 486 workstation going with
all it needed from testing overnight with bootdisks on a 56k.

apt-get into it !

-Kai