Re: [LUG] hdd recomendations

Kai Hendry wrote:

All hard drives die, and I dislike when I see people cast blame on a
particular manufacturer. I say, buy a HD with best specs for the best
price. :)

Fair point and your right all harddrives have a finite lifespan, it's just a casual observation that lately i have seen several machines with dead fujitsu drives all displaying the same/similar symptoms.
Thats not to say all fujitsu drives are bad, even the mighty IBM has had problems with certain deskstar models.I even had a normally very reliable quantum fireball die with burnt-out drive electronics.

The only reason i pointed out the maxtor above say a similar priced western digital or seagate was it's use
of a single platter ,reduced components less to go wrong a small form factor quiet and produces very little heat, and from personal experience they have proved to be very reliable.

Back in the days of 486's my personal fave was the WD caviar.

Then there was the calluna hardcard for the XT ah thems were the days!