Re: [LUG] Scsi luns?

paul wrote:

is there are module called ide-scsi or something,  in suse I am sure it's
loaded by default,  the usb is the same as my camera, it sees it as scsi,
or treats it like scsi,  the same goes for cdwriters,  I will look at my
configuration. It's probably not working properly at present but well sort
of works.

After loading the correct aic7xxx module and passing a few parameters to the kernel from the lilo
bootloader the drive came around to my way of thinking ;)
I then proceeded to ignore good advice from theo and stuffed my home directory in a raid filesystem
suck and see session.
Still it all came good in the end!

Paul ----- Original Message ----- From: "lee quick" <leequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 11:21 PM Subject: [LUG] Scsi luns?

I have a IDE cd writer and a usb thumbdrive and both identify themselves
to linux as scsi devices, /dev/sda1 (for the usbdrive) /dev/scd (for the
writer)

Now i have added not so long ago an adaptec controller and 2gig ibm scsi
hardrive.

Linux see's the hardrive and the controller however i cannot access the
dam thing.

Could it be than the harddrive is set to 0 on the LUN setting and the
fake scsi devices hog
setting zero?
Would changing jumpers on the hardisk have any affect?

If i do find it would it be able to be integrated into my Raid0 setup as
an extra drive to give a raid5 setup?