[LUG] Scsi luns?

I have a IDE cd writer and a usb thumbdrive and both identify themselves
to linux as scsi devices, /dev/sda1 (for the usbdrive) /dev/scd (for the writer)

Now i have added not so long ago an adaptec controller and 2gig ibm scsi hardrive.

Linux see's the hardrive and the controller however i cannot access the dam thing.

Could it be than the harddrive is set to 0 on the LUN setting and the fake scsi devices hog
setting zero?
Would changing jumpers on the hardisk have any affect?

If i do find it would it be able to be integrated into my Raid0 setup as an extra drive to give a raid5 setup?