From: Alasdair Allan <aa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Simon Waters <Simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LUG] perl book needs a home

Well I've copied Dr Allan, who might be interested in reviewing a book
on PERL graphics.

Having just reviewed another Manning book (at least they'd know who I am
I guess), see...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1930110820/qid=1024340253/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-1527339-3224057

...which I'd recommend by the way, even though Tim is a mate and therefore
my judgement a mite suspect in this regard...

...I guess I'd be happy enough to review another... where and how do they
want the review published?

Perhaps we could persuade those nice people at Exeter University
Physics department to find space for a special LUG(S!) library
shelf. Otherwise I can arrange to hold books for the D&C LUG.

I suppose I could look into this, although this means I'd actually have to
go and wander round the library! All the astrophysics journals are online
these days, I haven't been in a library in several years... ;)

Cheers,
Al.
--
Dr. A. Allan, School of Physics, University of Exeter