Re: [LUG] Can't boot SuSE 8 form the HD

On Sunday 16 June 2002 12:49, Keith Abraham wrote:

That's what I thought had happened, Lee. But "fixing" the MBR
really screwed things up. I couldn't boot into the installed system
with the CDROM anymore. SuSE reported that none of the
partitions were Linux partitions. It looked to me as if the HD had
gone down.

My friend had a Fujitsu Drive became intermittant ,it could be early warning
of failure?
Very similar circumstances too tho, he was running win2000 and the drive lost
the mbr and partitions (no big deal i hear you say serves him right for using
M$ ). He reinstalled and all seemed ok for about a day of so then happened
again and again.
As for superblocks er dunno, seen something bout that after i stuffed me own
system and had to re-install :) File systems eh!