Re: [LUG] X-windows problems

On 2 Jun 2002, John Horne wrote:

Careful you don't set the refresh rate too low. I ran my old home
monitor at 60Hz for a while - it gave me terrific headaches! Health and
safety - when I last checked - specified not running a monitor at less
than 60Hz.

Those of us who have been in this game for a while remember days when
refresh rates below 20Hz were not unusual.  For most of my professional
life I've gone for a black background, because I found the glare
of a large area of bright colour painful.  With todays reduced flicker,
this is much less of an issue.

       Today's monitors will of course running much higher than
this,

Concern about refresh rates should die with the CRT.

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.