Re: [LUG] X-windows problems

On Mon, 2002-06-03 at 00:19, Nick Kew wrote:
On 2 Jun 2002, John Horne wrote:

     Today's monitors will of course running much higher than
this,

Concern about refresh rates should die with the CRT.

Erm, well not really. There are enough old monitors around to the extent
that HSE were involved to ensure that we ran things at a suitable
frequency. Having said that, there are enough new monitors around and
people simply set the rate, if they do at all, at whetever their old
monitor ran at or whatever it is simply left at. I have reset one member
of staff's monitor from 60Hz up to 80 - they then reported the headaches
went away.

John.
--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK       Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx