Re: [LUG] A puzzlement

David Bell wrote:

Greetings,

Can anyone please explain the reason how I received an email today from
MowDirect which has the same From, To and Reply-to addresses.

David Bell
Hatherleigh

<snip>

The most likely reason is that the address they used as the from/to is actually a mailing list. They simply set their mail client to use the from address of the list and send the mail to it and everyone subscribed the list gets it.
Most often used when people are sending spam in my experience...

David.

--
A computer without Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.