Re: [LUG] regexp?

On Monday 13 May 2002 12:59, you wrote:

Sounds liek you jsut want to do it all in perl.
maybe
Care to pose question?
File is a text file with some Ctrl D characters that appear as separators in
the middle of lines that have a textual qualifier appended to the rubric of a
Read Code  (diagnostic or event code from the national thesaurus).   In DOS
they show as diamonds.  There are also some IBM box-drawing characters.
Apart from that it seems to be pure text.

Basically I think I'll hammer away at it until I have the right digest coming
out of it.

What is a good way to get data directly out of a .dbf file?  Is it easier to
find a dbview module or just read chunks the lenght of the sum of the field
lengths, starting after the header (which is 150 bytes i think)?

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/