[LUG] regexp?

NHS Numbers are 10 digits.
The canonical formatting of them is
999 999 9999

However often they are present as
9999999999

I am always amazed by the cleverness of people who can produce regexps such
as one that would enable me to grep all lines out of a big text (csv, values
in "") file which contain a specific NHS number regardless of which format it
is presented in...

I'm converting an application from VB with an Acess database into something
else, possibly Python/TCL interface working the usual underpinnings.
--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/