RE: [LUG] GCC/C++ Problems

Hi, All,

I've just  done a fresh install of SuSE 7.2 on a new 40gb drive. After
compiling a new kernel and downloading Mozilla, Fluxbox, and WindowMaker
8.0
I have compiled and checkinstalled WM, but Moxilla & Fluxbox choke with
the
following message:-

bash-2.05# ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot
create executables.

I have not had previous problems- is this a gcc version problem or
something
I've cocked-up? Any help gratefully received.

TIA

Terence

Hi Terence,
               I had similar snags and I think installing the g++
package from the suse disks solved the problem (at least it did for me).

Regards,

Lee.