[LUG] Jabber and Jarl

Anyone master all that Jabber stuff yet?

Thought I'd brave some if it as Kicq is painful to use....

I've started with the PERL client Jarl - hmm... I also started
with the server charente.de which might have been a mistake -
est is alles im Deutsch - vorsprung durch Instant Messaging and
all that.

So far I have sent messages to Kicq, but replies don't work.

Simon W (old ICQ)
15753212

Simon W (new ICQ) - trying to use from Jabber
116952768

So I can message 15753212 (When I appear both online and offline
as 116952768) but I can't reply. The online/offline stuff seems
to work well enough, just messages.

And Nick the fake Norweigan is "Not Available" and his was the
first IM details I had to hand. Although it kindly tells me he
his client think it is running on a 2.4.7 Kernel in his abscence
- eeek what sort of information am I leaking with this software
I wonder....

Anyway IM users here message me, and explain what I'm doing
wrong.

Where do I find Jabber conference group names, or is this
another Jarl failing?
What JID do I use for a IRC chat "????@irc.charente.de" ?

Jabber: gnufan@xxxxxxxxxxx

--
"Don't get me started on intuitive. You know what's intuitive?
Fear of heights. Everything else we call intuitive, such as