From: "jody salt" <jody_leigh_salt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 9:56 PM
Subject: [LUG] X-windows problems

Hi there

I just got second hand pc (a p200 with 320 (I think)
of ram) which I want to run X-windows on, I have
installed everything of the RedHat 7.1 installation cd
which was fine as usual.
Now here comes the problem:
I can't seem to configure the X-windows server it
finds my vga card no problem I then have to do a
custom set up for my moniter (I try selecting a low
resolution 640 by 800, I then test it; it looks ok for
a few seconds then I get black boxes were it does not
seem to quite refresh properly in some areas of the
screen (it is quite explain).

Has any one had similar problems, or a solution to my
problem?

any help would be appreciated

from Jody Salt