Re: [LUG] /proc/misc temperature?

On Friday 24 May 2002 01:10, you wrote:
The i8K driver for Dell hides CPU temp (in a slightly more
modern temperature scale but still not Kelvin) in a long string
in /dev/i8k

I'm guessing you mean centigrade (although my motherboard (abit BE-2)
supports an extra thermometer  I haven't got the two pins you need to attach
it). Much more common (even amound science types) then kelvin. I know that
anything about 50C is bad, although I'd have to deliberatly add (273?) to the
number to know that anything above 323 is bad.

The temperature in this room right now is about 15C, my cpu is probably about
34C, and case about 28C. I have no idea in kelin without "complex"
mathematical equations.

Of course, the same was said over centigrade/celcious verses farenheight. I
was brought up using centigrade, so thats what I know.

</drunkz0r>