RE: [LUG] ADSL again & thankyous

Ray Smith said:
Hi everybody.

Interestingly I only today had some more training on isdn & all I would say to
anyone
considering it is there is no way I would ever use it myself. Too expensive, too
unreliable & too damn hard to figure out what's gone wrong when it does although I
might be persuaded to do a short faq on common isdn problems and self tests for
home
highway boxes if someones interested.

Yes please.

How does this relate to linux anyway ? Is anyone using adsl or isdn with linux in
the
group ?

I'm using ISDN (HomeHighway) as there is no ADSL in sight around here.

What's the general setup procedure ?

My current connection is through a separate firewall box running Smoothwall. It
just ran out of the box so no complaints there.
Previously I used isdn4linux on a Mandrake box. Took a while to work out what
went where but worked pretty well in the end. I think the main problem I had when
learning it all was working out the difference between sync and async connections
and how the ISP handled security.

Cheers,

Pete.

Ray