Re: [LUG] error message. ....expat.so.1 not a sympbolic link

Adrian Midgley wrote:

Installed Linphone to try out.
Got that message about /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1

Is it just telling me, or is there something wrong do you think?

Beyond the messages obvious meaning? ;)

I get this almost everytime I install software, lots of them - I
think the it is the first hint that fresh installs might be
becoming a good idea.

Usually you have one version of each shared library, but having
two different ones is okay. But you probably have software
linked against both versions, which is less than optimal in
memory usage (but still better than before shared libraries so
don't panic).

If everything works okay relax. How did you install Linphone?
(i.e. RPM, strange package sent by a friend, from source).

See

man ldconfig

http://www.mv.com/ipusers/vanzandt/lib.html

Having developed shared libraries for HP-UX I'm still left cold
by some of the Linux documentation.