Re: [LUG] RedHat 7

Ray Smith wrote:

Does anyone have any RH 7 disks I could borrow for a couple of days.
I have a burner & plenty of blank disks & want to do a test install to see
how well my ati rage fury pro copes with it.

Might be pushing my luck a bit to ask for a loan of suse 8.0 as well but I
could in return offer mandrake 8.2 and kde 3 rpms updates for it if anyones
interested ?

Ray.

Hi ray,

I am currently trying to duplicate the Suse 8.0 DVD with a pioneer DVD/ram drive i think i can fit it if i leave out the sources.If it works about a fiver per DVD should cover the 4.7gb media costs.If you want the CD's post me 7 blanks and enough postage to cover.

If anyone is interested i have Suse 7.3 pro(retail) boxed and complete a tenner would be nice :) however you might want to collect it as it weighs a ton!

Also i have a TX card and set-top box which will transmit SVGA piccys from a PC to TV composite+audio max distance bout 30ft would perhaps suit presentation type purposes,would like to donate to DCLUG for everyones benefit if interested just say.

lee.

Also it might be of interest just for curiosity value. a freind passed on to me an ISO of XP proffesional that he "obtained" from someone. I installed out of curiosity to see what it was like (buggy,slow & bloated) & dicovered that it works as either an install or an upgrade. Even better as an upgrade it can be uninstalled. Very handy as after 2 days frustration ( and guilt ) made me take it off.

And for some strange reason it works better under vmware on my 400k62 box
than as a real os.

---