Re: [LUG] Open Source Day

Nicholas John Murison wrote:

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 18:17, Adrian Midgley wrote:

What will the network addresses be?

They will be Exeter Uni IP addresses, i.e. something under 144.173.x.x. The exact addresses I do not know; it will depend on how many boxes turn
up in the end. Exeter Uni IT Services are providing switches and
suitable UTP cables to get everything online.

Currently, it seems the SLUG will be the sole provider of machines, with
the possible addition of any extra laptops the presenters may bring
along.

I would suggest people e-mail me if they are planning on needing a
network connection on Saturday.  Damian Lee at IT Services needs numbers
so he knows what to set up.

Would it not be possible to set-up a DHCP server on one of desktops someone brings along?
If not, put me down for an IP please! Lookin' to collect some distros :-)

David.

--
A computer without Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.