Re: [LUG] OpenSource Day & Posters..

On Tuesday 12 March 2002 23:44, you wrote:
Adrian Midgley wrote:
On Monday 11 March 2002 20:56, you wrote:
If AOL servers run linux,  why is AOL not supported under linux,  and
people who connect from Linux have so many problems?  Just a thought,

massive commercial pressures from MS

I would have thought legacy, I doubt even Microsoft could
pressure a company like AOL Time Warner.

How about by introducing exciting new features in Windows YQ that, oddly,
cause the AOL client to show incompatibility and fail to connect?

If AOL had made the jump to favouring Netscape in their standard client
setup, that woudl have been a shot in the war neither side was convinced it
wanted to fight at that time.

Similarly, favouring or even smiling upon a non-MS OS would have been tanks
on the lawn as far as MS were concerned.

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/