Re: [LUG] WINE

I have a job, well almost, unfortunely they havent seen the light
regarding operating systems and are still tied 'to another system
which a lot of people use...'.

with that in mind I thought I might get back in to the swing of
their thing as I havnt used it for about two years so I decided to
load up WINE (from Linux Format Oct 2001) using the RPM manager.  It
says that it is installed.  apparently.

I cant get it to work.  What do I have to do to it? I cannot find an
icon anywhere and if I open a terminal it doesnt seem to understand
it or am I doing it wrong.?

I would just like to click on an icon to start the program up.  can
anyone help me please.

Hmmm, might not help but I installed WINE from rpm from the RH7.2
install disks.  All I have to do to get it to work is to run ntsysv
as root and check the WINE box *or* explicitly call it like

$ wine /path/to/executable

I was just interested in seeing if it worked really and so I copied
the executable of Windows Notepad from work, stuck it on my RH box
and, hey presto! No problems other than an exquisitely long wait.

I have not tried to use it again since.

I had a dream the other night that RH8.0 was out - how sad is that?

MB