Re: [LUG] OpenSource Day & Posters..

Anyone saving up bookmarks on OSS/Linux advocacy might want to check
out this article on The Reg at:
"AOL embraces Linux and Mozilla, plans to drop MS Explorer"

Can't say that I'm any fan of AOL but this article make good reading
nevertheless.
 "AOL is switching to Linux for the same reason most large companies
 make the change: to save money. Thousands of AOL servers are already
 100% Linux, and more are switching over every day. AOL
 number-crunchers figure they can replace an $80,000 box running
 proprietary UNIX with two $5,000 Linux boxes and get a 50% increase
 in performance in addition to the cost savings. "Don't tell our
 competitors," one of our AOL contacts says. "Let them keep buying
 expensive crap." "

Tony