Re: [LUG] adsl and eclipse

On Sunday 24 February 2002 11:54 am, you wrote:
Neil Williams wrote:
Not impressed.

Do you have "line of sight" to any friends houses who could have
ADSL ;)

Hi,
I've got adsl and have had it running with my linux boxes for over 12 months.
I'm not 100% certain about the fujitsu modem, but the alcatel one does work
with Linux.
As you'd now be going wires only (it's no longer a trial), you can use any
equipment you want. Personally I use the Alcatel Speed touch Home at present.
For more adsl information check out www.adslguide.org.uk - check out the
forum's, there is a very good linux forum with a lot of people who have been
using linux and ADSL for quite sometime.

Jon Lawrence