Re: [LUG] furthering the revolution: ECDL

In article <Pine.LNX.4.33.0202072134150.13172-100000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
, Aaron Trevena <betty@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
There are a wide selection of cross-db front ends now. Having said that
it is well worth learning to use a command line - it is frequently
quicker.
*I'm* quite happy to poke around on the command prompt in whatever OS
I'm using. Joe Q Client simply can't hack that and needs a reliable,
easy-to-understand GUI front end. It's OK for me to learn sundry
commands - I work with computers, I'm interested in computers and I
*want* to know how to do things. Client doesn't - he just needs to use a
tool to get a particular job done. If he can't do it with minimal
learning he'll use something else.
--
Mike Callaghan
Newquay, Cornwall