RE: [LUG] Redhat - vim versions

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, John Horne wrote:

The question I should be asking is why on earth would anyone use vim?
:)

Learnt it (well, 'vi') on the Sun systems several years ago...never bothered
to use anything else :-) Once I'd learnt the keystrokes I found that vi/vim
did pretty much everything I wanted with an editor. Probably a whole load
that it can't do as well mind... :-)

For years I avoided learning vi(m) until I left uni and got dropped into
the Solaris enviroment where console based text editing is by default vi
or ed.  These days i use vim on Linux just out of habit, and pico has
become almost alien to me.

And I like the nice syntax highlihting vim will do, much better than manky
emacs :)
</editor_wars>

Alex.