Re: [LUG] Nokia, JRE and platform dependence

On Saturday 26 January 2002 7:47 pm, Simon Waters wrote:
Neil Williams wrote:
http://www.anywhereyougo.com/ayg/ayg/wap/Article.po?type=WAP_Tutorial&pag
e=9991

Hmm - anyone betting they were running M$ J++ and made it
Windows only through ignorance, that was Bill's plan.

:-)

It can run on Linux - I'm just trying to avoid having to download the JRE
(15Mb) and I have only got download versions of recent distros!

You have a Linux distro without a JRE on CD? SuSe 7.2 had rather
too many JRE's for my liking....

Umm, I have Mandrake 7.2, 8.0 and 8.1 and RedHat 7.2 - so where should I be
looking for the JRE? I've only looked for a suitable RPM up until now! Most
are download editions that don't include StarOffice and I've tried installing
Star Office but it doesn't get the Nokia toolkit working. So I'm probably
doing something wrong.

Can I use the JRE on the Windows partition? Do I need to unpack the .zip
files perhaps?

--

Neil Williams