Re: [LUG] The Last Just Curious?

* De - Lurk ! *

Duallie number two in the charts today...
Get ready to groove with the sweet melody of "Willow"!
Vocalist : SB16 PCI
Drummer : 20GB Seagate ATA66 Barracuda
Guitar : ABIT BP6 with 256MB PC100 SDRAM
(Really wanted that 100Mhz Bus speed, but I'm too tight to buy
watercooling plus maybe peltiers and too lazy to source some sweet Celery
366s)
Keyboards : was Red Hat 6.2 in the beginning.
Backing Dancers : 2 x 466 Celeron.
Backing Vocals : ATI All in Wonder 128 32MB AGP
Mostly used for Web surfing haha! I'm also under the disillusion that I
will use it for programming when I'm not picking bits of VBA out of my
nose at work.
Also runs Win2k for the Lexmark Z11 printer and to record TV via the ATI
graphics card, though I am able to watch it under linux using xawtv.

John Peel's favoriute pick of the week - the funky garage pop-punk of
"Harmony"!
Dell somethingorother 40MB RAM Pentium 166, 2GB H/D, Win95
Used mostly by my sister to browse the Web from the living room. Nuff'
said 'bout that one!

Hot favorite for next week's top ten is "Jenny"
IBM, Pentium 133 probably still running at 166 or 200, 1.2GB H/D, 32 MB
RAM. Red Hat 6.2 plus portsentry (firewall) and curfloo (Yahoo chat
client). Headless Router / Firewall. Was my sister's but got a bit
unstable overclocked and using Win95 - can't remember if I reset the
jumpers... ahh yep it's apparently 132.957161 MHz inside today.

Playing this week at Brixton Academy, the smooth psychedelic beats of
"Cordy".
Lovely little Packard Bell Easy Lite. 300Mhz Pentium, 64MB RAM, 4GB H/D.
Near enough standard Red Hat 6.2. (Yes, I do have copies of other
versions and distros, I just get on with RH6.2 the best! Stick with what
you know and all that.)
Also installed Waifsh MP3 player software & some neural network software
for playing about with when I'm away from home.

Prize goes to the first to guess what my fave TV show was when I started
naming these things?
Sad, innit......

All PCs are connected by a Netgear hub, Netgear and no-name 10Mbps
Ethernet adapters, otherwise the router/firewall would feel a bit silly
without a head, wouldn't it?
Another duallie Supermicro P6DBE with lots of SCSI in it may be coming my
way soon so I can play with MOSIX and (probably not) give me futher
incentive to learn some Java and C.

Cheers all,

.....?! From the addled mind of John Botwright Jnr - good friend to the
Strawberry-Hats !?.....